Early harvest has begun and thus the early harvest recipes! This is a super simple, slow cooker roast recipe that is anything but the same-old, same-old.
This allows you to utilize your multi-tasking skills by preparing the perfect comfort-food meal to gather family and friends around the table for Sunday supper. Making new memories and enjoying the dog days of summer is what it’s all about.
Servings: 6-8 (Based on roast size / Cook Time: 6-10 Hours (Based on roast size)
Slow Cooker Roast
with Harvest Vegetables
- Beef roast or similar large cut (minimum 910 grams / 2 pounds)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large, yellow onion, chopped
- 3 large, red potatoes, cubed
- Other harvest vegetables of choice from your garden: celery, yams, parsnips, turnips, etc. (optional)
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup spicy BBQ sauce (brand and heat level of your choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bay Leaf
- Place unseasoned beef cut on rack in slow cooker
- Salt and pepper to taste. If using garlic powder, add it at this time.
- Add vegetables evenly around roast in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle garlic slices evenly over vegetables
- Add bay Leaf
- Pour Worcestershire and spicy BBQ sauce over the roast. Over time, these sauces combined with the meat juices will form a savory broth.
- Set slow cooker to low for 6-8 hours (depending on size of beef cut) until meat and vegetables are tender and cooked through.
- Present roast at the table on a pretty platter, surrounded by the veggies. Serve with a loaf of crusty bread with melted butter or a crisp, side salad with a light vinaigrette dressing,