Sunday Supper Series
SLOW COOKER ROAST with HARVEST VEGETABLES
Early harvest has begun and thus the early harvest recipes! This is a super simple, slow cooker roast recipe that is anything but the same-old, same-old.
This allows you to utilize your multi-tasking skills by preparing the perfect comfort-food meal to gather family and friends around the table for Sunday supper. Making new memories and enjoying the dog days of summer is what it’s all about.
Total Prep Time: 6-8 Hours
Servings in Recipe: 6
Serving Size: 1 8oz bowl
- Beef roast or similar large cut (minimum 910 grams / 2 pounds)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large, yellow onion, chopped
- 3 large, red potatoes, cubed
- Other harvest vegetables of choice from your garden: celery, yams, parsnips, turnips, etc. (optional)
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup spicy BBQ sauce (brand and heat level of your choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bay Leaf
- Place unseasoned beef cut on rack in slow cooker
- Salt and pepper to taste. If using garlic powder, add it at this time.
- Add vegetables evenly around roast in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle garlic slices evenly over vegetables
- Add bay Leaf
- Pour Worcestershire and spicy BBQ sauce over the roast. Over time, these sauces combined with the meat juices will form a savory broth.
- Set slow cooker to low for 6-8 hours (depending on size of beef cut) until meat and vegetables are tender and cooked through.
- Present roast at the table on a pretty platter, surrounded by the veggies. Serve with a loaf of crusty bread with melted butter or a crisp, side salad with a light vinaigrette dressing.
Find this delicious and meditative? Feel free to share it!
Interested in free access to more like this?