Our poor bundt cake pan was collecting dust in the back of a cupboard until I re-discovered it while doing some winter cleaning. The bundt cake has been given a bad rap, as of late, being cast aside as a relic of decades past. The bundt cake is experiencing a comeback with this peach dream!
This light and lovely bundt cake is perfect for a special occasion, Sunday brunch, or any time you crave something quick and sweet…and you won’t believe what’s in it!
Peach Dream Bundt Cake
- 3 cups pancake mix
- 1/2 cup sugar or sugar substitute
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups milk or lactose-free milk substitute
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- 2 cups peaches, sliced (either fresh or frozen)
- Cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 175C/350F .
- In a large bowl, whisk together pancake mix, sugar, milk and eggs.
- Spray bundt pan with cooking spray, then evenly line the bottom with peach slices. (If using frozen, be sure to thaw and drain the peaches first. Otherwise, the cake will be soggy).
- Slowly pour pancake mixture into bundt pan, over the peaches.
- Allow it to sit for 15 minutes so that the batter will rise a bit.
- Place bundt pan in the center of oven and bake for 50-60 minutes (Depending on the heat settings of your oven.)
- Check center of cake with a skewer to ensure doneness. (If the skewer has batter on it, put the cake back in the oven for 10 more minutes. If the skewer is clean, the cake is done. Remove it from the oven and allow it cool. )
- Turn cake out onto a plate or cake stand to finish cooling.
- Sprinkle top of cake with powdered sugar.
- The final step is to serve your peaches and dreams bundt cake, drizzled with a bit of maple syrup and enjoy!