This one-pan chicken and potatoes dish is perfect for those nights when you need to get a hardy and delicious meal on the table fast. One pan, six ingredients and your appetite. That’s it!
One Pan, Hardy Chicken and Potatoes
- 4-6 bone-in pieces of chicken (with or without the skin)
- 6-8 red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup crumbled mozzarella cheese
- Course Salt
- Heat oven to 400F/205C
- In a large bowl, add coarse salt (to taste) to potato wedges and toss well.
- Add Italian dressing, making sure each wedge is fully covered.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer potato wedges to a 9×13 pan (glass or metal will work fine), allowing any excess dressing to remain in the bowl.
- Place chicken pieces in bowl and dredge in the remaining dressing until well coated.
- Salt to taste.
- Transfer chicken pieces to pan with potatoes.
- Top with crumbled mozzarella.
- Place pan on center rack in heated oven and cook for 60 minutes or until chicken pieces reach an internal temperature of 170F/75C. (Cooking time will vary depending on the size of chicken pieces.)
- Top with fresh, chopped parsley before serving, if preferred.