BONNE BOUCHE BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
When berry season is in full swing, this blueberry muffins recipe is the perfect complement to Sunday brunch, as a tea time treat or to pack in a lunch. Whenever you choose to enjoy them, a classic flavor of Summer will always be close at hand.
Total Prep Time: 45 minutes
Servings in Recipe: 1 Dozen
Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2″ piece of vanilla bean, scraped
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries (Or frozen thawed and drained )
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
- Spray muffins tins with cooking spray or line them with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream together butter and sugar until mixture is light and fluffy in consistency.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating mixture well after the addition of each egg, until fully incorporated.
- Add vanilla extract or vanilla bean scrapings to the mixture. Blend together well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wheat flour, baking soda and salt.
- Blend dry ingredients into egg mixture, a little at a time, alternating with the milk. This will result in a muffin batter with a nice, smooth consistency.
- Add blueberries. Gently fold them into batter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all topping ingredients to create a crumbly filling and coating the muffins.
- Fill muffin cups 1/3 of the way up with batter. With a clean spoon, add 1 tsp of cinnamon/pecan mixture to each cup
- Fill each cup with another 1/3 portion, then add another layer of the cinnamon/pecan mixture on top.
- Bake muffins for approx. 25 – 30 minutes or until a toothpick, inserted into the center of one muffin, comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool for about 5 minutes before serving
- 2 tbsp wheat flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar or brown sugar substitute
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter, chilled
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Find this delicious and meditative? Feel free to share it!
Interested in free access to more like this?