Early harvest has begun and thus the early harvest recipes! This is a super simple slow cooker recipe that is anything but the same-old, same-old. This allows you to utilize your multi-tasking skills by preparing the perfect comfort-food meal to gather family and friends around the table for Sunday supper while enjoying the dog days of summer with them at the same time.
Servings: 6-8 (Based on roast size) / Cook Time: 6-10 Hours (Based on roast size)
- Beef roast (minimum 910 grams / 2 pounds)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large, yellow onion, chopped
- 3 large, red potatoes, cubed
- Other various harvest vegetables: celery, yams, parsnips, turnips, etc. (optional)
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/2 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup spicy BBQ sauce (brand and heat level of your choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bay Leaf
- Place unseasoned roast on rack in slow cooker
- Salt and pepper to taste. If using garlic powder, add at this time.
- Add vegetables around roast in slow cooker.
- Add garlic slices over vegetables
- Add bay Leaf
- Pour worcestershire and spicy BBQ sauce over the roast. Over time, these sauces combined with the meat juices will form a savory broth.
- Set slow cooker to cook on low for 6-8 hours (depending on size of roast) until meat and vegetables are tender and cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy
Click the follow button to be the first to receive new recipes as they are created, here in the Olenick House kitchen!