Berrys of any kind are the epitome of Summer and picking them fresh from the fields is a favourite activity with family and friends, in the early morning hours of a hot, Southern Manitoba day. The sweetness of berries can be a perfect complement to more savory ingredients as in this very berry summer salad recipe straight from The Olenick House kitchen. Try it tonight and enjoy!
- 2 chicken breasts or thighs, cubed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head fresh butter lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/8 cup red onion, short-sliced
- Raspberry vinaigrette dress to taste
- In a large pan, heat oil
- Brown cubed chicken over medium-low heat until cooked through, salt/pepper to taste
- While chicken is browning, shred lettuce into a large serving bowl
- Add feta, pecans, blueberries and red onion
- When chicken is done, set aside and allow to cool
- When chicken is cooled, add to salad bowl
- Drizzle salad with raspberry vinaigrette (approx 1/2 cup is perfect) and serve.
Click the follow button to be the first to receive new recipes as they are created, here in the Olenick House kitchen!