These crispy, baked buneulos are a great alternative to the fried version and are definitely a favourite in our house. Instead of regular brown sugar, a brown sugar substitute, like Splenda, works perfectly for those with sugar sensitivities.
- 1 package of 8″ wheat or white flour tortillas
- 3 tbsp melted butter (for brushing)
- Brown sugar and cinnamon for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400F/204C then line three baking sheets with parchment
- Cut several tortillas at a time into 6 wedge-shaped slices
- Arrange them on the baking sheets with room in between each slice
- Brush each slice with a thin layer of melted butter
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden brown and crisp to the touch
- Allow them to cool for 5 minutes before putting them in a container or enjoy them warm and fresh out of the oven
Click the follow button to be the first to receive new recipes as they are created, here in the Olenick House kitchen!